Success in a Down Economy
I can have better year than last year or any past year. My decisions are deciding my joy and my financial wealth. My decisions are deciding my success. What am I doing different this year, what different decisions am I making to change my life? Who do I ignore? Who’s voice do I obey? Where I am is a photograph of my decisions, my losses, my gains, my stress.
You can change your year now by:
1. Your decision to set specific goals for 2010, and start now, put pictures on the wall. Say, “I will own that someday.” Conrad Hilton was a bellhop and did that. Visualize. Imagine your picture of you and your future, your self-image. Imagine yourself as successful now. I am a mighty man of valor. etc. Have a Tomorrow Room with pictures of what you want, a dream wall with people who inspire you, put your next house on your laptop, a boat, whatever. The only thing that stops me is me stopping.
2. Your decision to pour excellence into your immediate assignment, even if its the best job seeker, best son, best parent, best neighbor, best person in the neighborhood, in the store. If I’m ready for my future, I’d be there. There are pre-qualifications to your next step.
3. Your decision to embrace every divine opportunity. Be aware. Solve problems, help someone. (volunteering) Be ready for rewards. You would be shocked at what God wants to give to you. There are pre-qualifications. Forgive everyone, love all, help all.
4. Your decision to relentlessly ask questions, questions host answers on the earth. If you were to meet with a rich man, would you bring a list of what you want? Or would you bring 10 important questions to help you succeed? Ask yourself questions every day about your life, your situation; a radical life-changer.
5. Your decision to continually build your faith. Faith is confidence in God, the only thing God responds to favorably. God does not respond to my problems. A miracle is a reaction to faith, build faith, and miracles begin to happen.
6. Your decision to stay militant concerning excellence in every aspect. Fight for order in every room, every place or suffer mediocrity.
7. Your decision to master the law of honor. Find out about the laws of God; each law has a reward; there are 72 in the Bible. Master sowing honor, lavishing honor into your environment. Your difference in seasons is who you chose to honor; if you succeed; it is who you chose to honor. One law is Listening. Even if it is not important, listen and act like you are interested. Don’t daydream, listen. Maybe the talker needs you to just listen. This is Seed. There is a law of 2. Find a friend you like who brings out excellence in you, 2 brings inspiration. Never make fun of anyone, even jokingly; avoid even comedians who make it their business to tear down. Lavish your environment with honor. Be kind and polite to all. How many angels have we walked on or entertained? Who have I chosen to dishonor? This may be why I have not moved forward. Do I teach honor to those around me? How do I react to dishonor? I can be honorable even to dishonorable people; this teaches them honor, even if they do not chose to be honorable. There are pre-qualifications to your next promotion.
Proverbs 4 Then he taught me and said to me, “Let your heart hold fast my words; Keep my commandments and live;
5 Acquire wisdom! Acquire understanding! Do not forget nor turn away from the words of my mouth.
6 “Do not forsake her, and she will guard you; Love her, and she will watch over you.
7 “The beginning of wisdom is: Acquire wisdom; And with all your acquiring, get understanding.
8 “Prize her, and she will exalt you; She will honor you if you embrace her.
9 “She will place on your head a garland of grace; She will present you with a crown of beauty.”
10 Hear, my son, and accept my sayings And the years of your life will be many.
11 I have directed you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in upright paths.
12 When you walk, your steps will not be impeded; And if you run, you will not stumble.
13 Take hold of instruction; do not let go. Guard her, for she is your life.
Success sermon from http://wisdomonline.com/